PCB for DC Trap Blocker Filter for toroids
PCB for DC Trap Blocker Filter for toroidal transformers (toroids)
- USD: 11.20$
Nowadays the AC mains network is heavily polluted by various domestic appliances, industrial electrical consumers etc. This can lead to buzzy toroidal transformers (especially the power ones). Proposed DC trap (blocker, filter) will remove or at least lower the buzzing.
Schematic is similar to this one used in well known Vladimir Shushurin’s Lamm-1 amplifier. An article with in-dept explanation of how DC blockers work can be found on Rod Elliot’s site (http://sound.whsites.net/articles/xfmr-dc.htm).
Proposed PCB has following specifications:
Dimensions of PCB: 88×94 mm.
PCB thickness: FR4 2 mm. Copper thickness: 70 um (2oz). Surface finish – Nickel Gold (ENIG).
It is one-layer design with solder mask coating on top and bottom layer for best durability. Silk screen with parts layout is placed on the top of the PCB.
PCB has following abilities:
– Diodes with 3 different bodies can be mounted on it – DO-201, TO-220 or rectifier blocks.
– Electrolytic capacitors can be radial types with lead spacing 7.5 mm. or snap-in with lead spacing 10 mm. and max. outer diameter 35 mm.
– Resistor R1 can be 5 or 10W rated power with lead spacing 28 or 53 mm.
– Bypass capacitor C3 is WIMA MKS4 400VAC (lead spacing 15 mm.) or similar.
– Two MOLEX 3-terminal connectors for AC input/output.
All parts used are easily obtainable from big supplier stores (Mouser, Farnell, Digi-Key etc.) or via e-bay.
Note: the listing is for PCB only – pictures of assembled device is for information purposes only!
Schematic and parts list will be sent to the buyer’s PayPal address after purchase. If for some reason a different e-mail address must be used, note it in the process of checkout.