After the initial release of LPF-4000 numerous of customers’ requests for improvements, using higher-quality parts or materials – IN/OUT AC connectors, internal wiring used, capacitors, chokes etc. were received. This way, accounting all changes implemented by request, a logical decision was taken for offering a version of highly upgraded LPF-4000HE (High End) unit in a separate listing.
Of course, the LPF-4000HE Line Power Filter, as a descendant of the standard LPF-4000 completely retains all its
internal structure and variants:
Detailed description of all variants can be found on the LPF-4000 page.
Upgrades, applied to the LPF-4000HE:
1. Wiring: The Live and Neutral internal wiring is performed by a AWG-12 silver plated solid-core OFC in a PTFE tubing;
2. Casing: the metal case is acoustically dampened by a special bitumen sheet in order to lower the vibrations’ radiation inside the case;
3. Anti-vibration feet: A high-quality Viablue UFO feet (https://viablue.de/com/absorbers_ufo_black.php) were placed underneath the case for further vibration isolation;
4. AC IN/OUT connectors: Furutech Input AC IEC inlet and output AC connectors (Gold plated, Rhodium or NCF versions can be also discussed);
5. Input fuse: The main input Ac fuse now is also from AMR Gold series (10 or 15A rated);
6. First stage EMI/RFI filter: The standard choke and capacitors was replaced by a Wurth high-inductance, low-impedance nano-crystalline choke and WIMA MKP X2 capacitors;
7. Secondary output filters: They were subject of a complete redesign:
– the common filter chokes were replaced by the high-quality, high-inductance Coilcraft’s P3717 (https://www.coilcraft.com/en-us/products/emi/power-line-common-mode-choke/combination-line/p3717/p3717/)
– capacitors in the second stage filters are now from Vishay’s high-quality F339X2 series (https://www.vishay.com/product/26072/)
– Each secondary filter has a dedicated high-quality 3 Amperes rated fuse (AMR Gold series) placed in the beryllium copper, silver plated fuseholder
– A new PCB was designed in order to fit the all new parts;
8. Soldering: For soldering the internal wiring and Furutech FI-03 IEC inlet is used Mundorf MSolder SilverGold soldering wire.
LPF-4000HE is also available with Black or Silver hard anodized aluminum front panel:
On the back side panel are placed 4 Furutech FI-E30 AC Outlets and FI-03, FI-33 or FI-09 IEC inlet.
The Furutech FI-03 IEC inlet is rated up to 10A working current, so the configurations with this connectors are also rated at up to 10A.
In cases where higher currents are required, the versions with FI-09 or FI-33 IEC inlets can be used.
The Furutech FI-09 C14 IEC inlet is rated at 15A.
The Furutech FI-33 C20 IEC inlet is rated at 16A but is less widespread.
Internals of the filter
As a result of all these improvements was achieved a state of quality, with absolutely NO LOSS of dynamics. The numerous customers’ reports also confirmed the same observations.
Submit your review